Leaders Credit Union offers savings and spending accounts to reward our youngest members.
|Future Leaders Savings||A savings account that encourages and rewards our youngest members to foster a habit of saving. Read More||Apply|
|eSpend Checking||A free account for students with online/mobile access. Read More||Apply|
|Student Loans||Don't stress over finances. We help you move forward on your educational journey. Read More||Apply|
|Scholarships||The Leaders Education Foundation gives forward. Read More||Apply|
|Financial Education||Financial literacy tools and resource for students through iGrad. Read More|
Future Leader Savings
The Future Leader savings account encourages and rewards our youngest members to foster a habit of saving. The account pays a tiered dividend rate to develop positive money management habits that will set your child up for financial success.
- Eligible for ages 0-21
- Membership fee of $25 is waived.
- Prime Share (membership) account requires a minimum deposit of $10.00.
- Future Leaders savings account requires a minimum deposit of $10.00.
- Withdrawals forfeit dividends earned for that month.
- Eligible for checking at 15 years of age.
|Balance Rate||Percent Earned|
|$0.00 - $500.00||5.00% APY*|
|$500.01 - $4,999.99||1.00% APY*|
|$5,000.00 - $9,999.99||0.75% APY*|
|$10,000.00 - $24,999.99||0.25% APY*|
|$25,000.00 and over||0.00% APY*|
Incentives to Save:
We believe saving is a learned discipline. Leaders encourages kids and teens to form saving habits early in life with these incentives:
- Receive a sticker on your reward card with each in-branch deposit of $5 or more.
- Earn a prize or enter to win a quarterly drawing with each filled reward card.
- Receive a deposit, courtesy of Leaders, into your Future Leaders account for perfect school attendance or for “A” grades on your report card.**
If opening a minor account online (Under 18):
First make the selection of:
- New Member Account (No current relationship with minor)
- Existing Member Account (Adding secondary account)
When asked: What type of account are you opening?
- Select "Other"
- Then, Select "Minor Account" from the drop-down menu
These accounts will require the Minor's information as Owner AND the Guardians information. You will need the minor's social security card and birth certificate both in branch or online to open this account.
NCUA: Your savings are federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. *APY stands for Annual Percentage Yield. If the member withdraws from the account, the member will not receive dividends for the month. One withdrawal per month without a fee, additional withdrawals are subject to a $5 fee. One Future Leaders Account per membership. All Future Leader Accounts require at least one person age 18 or over as joint owner of the account. **Deposit is made when a report card or perfect school year attendance report is presented in-branch with a limit of 4 report cards and/or 1 perfect attendance report per school year. Report card deposits are made once each quarter and are $1 per “A” or “Excellent” grade with a limit of $5 per report card. Perfect attendance deposit is made at the end of the school year and is $10.
Student Checking Accounts
We offer free checking accounts for teens and students with no fees and mobile banking!
- For Members Ages 15-21
- No Monthly Fee and No Minimum Balance
- Free Debit Mastercard®
- $25.00 membership fee is waived
NOTE: Any Leaders Credit Union member age 15 or over may open a checking account; Members under age 18 must have a parent or legal guardian as joint owner.
Getting an education is tough enough without drowning in debt, or stressing over financial hassles. Our Student Choice Loan gets an "A" for Awesome. Check these out:
- Finances up to $75,000 (total throughout a college career)
- Fills in gaps that federal aid might leave behind
- Offers lower rates and fewer fees than typical lenders
- Save hundreds per year
- Provides zero origination or prepayment fees
- Offers the option to defer all payments while in school
- Offers flexible payment terms
Student Loan - Refinance
Finding funds for college can seem overwhelming and frustrating. See how we can help you get to the next level in your education.
- Refinances up to $100,000
- Offers rates as low as 4.04%
- Offers fixed and variable rate options
- Offers 5, 10 & 15-year terms
- Waives origination fees
- Waives prepayment penalty
Leaders Education Foundation Scholarships
Helping our Future Move Forward
The Leaders Education Foundation was formed by Leaders Credit Union in 2019 to Give Forward to our community. Giving Forward allows community-minded citizens, members, and organizations to unite together to bring educational resources and opportunities students and educators in West Tennessee.
Every Spring Semester, The Leaders Education Foundation will award up to $10,000 in scholarships to students throughout West Tennessee to help our future move forward. To learn more about the Leaders Education Foundation Scholarships, click here.
Preparing Students for the Future.
At Leaders, we believe in Moving Forward together. iGrad is a financial literacy platform available to Leaders members that focuses on helping students effectively manage their money, limit and repay debt, and begin successful careers. We are proud to offer modern financial education tools and resources so you can make an informed decision about your college financing options and about your future.
iGrad offers online tools to:
- Track your student loans
- Track jobs and internships in your prospective career
- Budget for your future
iGrad also provides access to online courses in: repaying student loans, credit cards, investing, credit scores, and more.
Get Started with iGrad today.
Learn More about Leaders student loans.